Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's All About Chipotles

I have recently discovered a new love: chipotle.  I'm ashamed to say that it has taken me so long to become an admirer of these spicy smoked chilies.  But, now that I have found them I intend to use them...a lot.  Let's start with the tacos.  Soft Chicken tacos, the chicken cooked in a spicy tomato chipotle sauce.  The nice thing about chipotles in adobo is that you can really add as much or as little of the chilies and adobo sauce as you want to -depending on the amount of heat you like.  I made these tacos spicy, because I like heat.  
Then I threw together some guacamole and instead of using cayenne pepper to add a little heat to the guacamole I added some adobo sauce from the chipotle chilies.  It turned out smoky and delicious.  
But, my favorite part of this meal had to be the pan fried queso blanco with chipotle mayonnaise.  Let me just say, amazing!  For the mayonnaise, make it from scratch and add as much or as little chipotle  chilies and adobo sauce as you want.  I suppose you don't have to make the mayo from scratch, but you should, because it's delicious!  Now, if you have never had pan fried queso blanco before, try it now, literally, stop reading this blog and go get some right  now, that's how good this stuff is, it's pretty much my perfect salty snack food.  Okay, now that you have the cheese (you did go get it right?) all you need to do is cut it into slices -as thick or as thin as you like, I like mine thick so they have a gooey cheesy center, my husband likes his thin and crispy all the way through. Back to slices, yes, take the cut slices of cheese and place them on a hot nonstick pan, do not add any oil, just stand back and watch them crisp up...yum! 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment