Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

Aren't lemons just divine? I mean really, is there anything more refreshing on a hot summer day than a glass of lemonade?  I used to incorporate lemon juice or lemon zest into just about everything I made.  I've backed off a little bit, but those sneaky lemons still call to me and end up finding their way into many of my recipes.  I don't mind though, because let's face it lemons are heaven sent.  I decided to try making some lemon cupcakes and then I decided to throw in some blueberries -apparently they were both calling to me this week.  So, I used my previous cupcake recipe and replaced the cherry puree with blueberry puree -I only added 2 Tbsp of the puree to the icing.  I also added the zest from one lemon to the batter and to the icing.  Then for good measure I decided to just go ahead and plop some fresh blueberries into the batter...mmm.  These cupcakes turned out delicious and surprisingly, not too sweet.  Give them a try -you'll be glad you did.
Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment