Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fried Chocolate-Hazelnut Wantons with Orange Dipping Sauce

Right off the bat, I have to apologize for this picture.  This is what happens when you don't have natural lighting, you end up with something that looks like it was shot in a photography studio in the 1970s.  But don't let the picture discourage you, this dessert is delicious.  And don't be too hard on me, because there was no way these tasty little treats were going to make it in my house until morning -they were way too tempting.  
For the wanton filling I modified the recipe by adding some chocolate ganache to the nutella (about 1 1/2 oz of semisweet chocolate melted with about 2 Tbsp of heavy cream), if the mixture doesn't look glossy add a little more heavy cream while stirring, until it looks nice and shiny.  For the orange dipping sauce I added some orange zest and slightly whipped up the heavy cream -you don't want peaks to form, just whip it until the sauce begins to thicken.  This sauce is so good, it reminds me of a dreamsicle. Sprinkle the wantons with powdered sugar and you've got a wickedly rich dessert.
Enjoy!


1 comment: