Friday, June 3, 2011

Cherry Cupcakes

I love cupcakes, every kind of cupcake -strawberry, pumpkin, carrot, coconut, chocolate, lemon, cherry... I think you get the point.  They are so quick and easy and most of all versatile.  If you can imagine the flavor, you can probably make it into a cupcake.  Alex really loves cherries and they just happen to be in season right now, so I picked some up and whipped up a batch of cherry cupcakes -yummy!  I modified the recipe slightly, obviously I used cherry puree instead of strawberry and I added a little bit of cherry extract.  I also added another half stick (1/4 cup) of unsalted butter to the batter.  This is by far my favorite cupcake recipe and all you have to do is modify it a bit to get the flavor of cupcake you're looking for -want coconut? Easy add some coconut extract and coconut milk and top the cupcake with shaved coconut -you get the idea.  I decided to top some of the cherry cupcakes with coconut and some with chopped walnuts.  These cupcakes were so moist and delicious -hurry and try them while cherries are still in season!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment