Friday, May 13, 2011

Turkey Pasta Salad

As, I mentioned in my last post, I have a lot of leftovers from this last weekends dinner party.  One of the reasons that I have this abundance of food is due to the fact that our neighbor caught a wild turkey and gave it to me to cook up.  One thing led to another and before I knew it I had invited 16 people over to share in the deliciousness of wild turkey.  This led to a panicked state in which I was worried that there would not be enough food to feed everyone, which in turn led to me making too much food.  So, in keeping with the tradition of Thanksgiving leftovers I made turkey pasta salad with what was left of the wild turkey. 
Leftover turkey (or chicken) chopped
1 lb cooked pasta (like campanelle or farfalle) 
1 Cup Mayonaise
1/2 Cup Sour cream
1 Cup grapes (red or green) cut lengthwise
1 Cup nuts (like slivered almonds or pecans)
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1/3 Cup chopped green onions
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything together, chill and serve.  You may need to double the ingredients depending on how much leftover turkey there is, also you can add chopped apples and/or celery for some extra flavor.  I usually add way more grapes than 1 cup, because they are delicious; and sometimes I leave the pasta out and make yummy sandwiches with croissants or some other tasty bread.
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment