Tuesday, May 10, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Broccoli Slaw

On Sunday I made a huge meal and, as I usually do, cooked too much food.  So, in an attempt to be creative with the leftovers I made some BBQ pulled pork sandwiches and broccoli slaw.  Basically, I put the leftover pork roast in a pan with some BBQ sauce and a can of soda pop -sounds weird I know, but the acid helps to make the pork extra tender and juicy.  I usually use diet coke or any other cola product that is in the house.  For the broccoli slaw I used the following ingredients: 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup sugar, some chopped up bacon, chopped onion, sunflower seeds,  raisins (or craisins or any other kind of dried fruit) and of course shredded broccoli.  Mix it all together and eat it because it is delicious!  I should mention that these measurements may not be that accurate, because I kind of made this recipe up and have never actually measured anything, but taste as you go and you'll be just fine!
Enjoy!