Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Most Delicious Baked Beans

I love baked beans, actually I love these baked beans.  They are so easy and so, so, so good.  I'm not really sure where this recipe came from I think my dad might have made it up.  I remember eating these beans as a little girl, I loved them then and I love them now.  
3 15 oz. Cans of Pork and Beans
2 Cans Refried Beans or 3 Cups Homemade Refried Beans
2/3Cup Dark Brown Sugar (add more or less depending on how sweet you like your beans)
1/2 Cup Chopped Chives
1-2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
Squirt of Ketchup
6-8 Strips of Bacon, chopped 
Cook the bacon.  Add the crispy bacon plus the drippings to the rest of the ingredients.  Stir and cook (with occasional stirring) in a crock-pot on low for several hours or in a casserole dish in the oven at 300 degrees for about 3&1/2 hours. You're looking for the beans to get a dark rich color and to have somewhat of a thick consistency.  Try them out and don't be afraid to adjust the flavor as you cook.  It's that simple and they really are sooo delicious!