Monday, August 1, 2011

Making Your Own Pickles

I love pickles, so this year I decided to make my own.  If you have a garden and you grow cucumbers, this is a great way to save some money and make some delicious pickles!  If you don't have a garden, you should still make them, because like I said: delicious pickles!  For this recipe, I followed the directions quite carefully, because cucumbers can be tricky to preserve -they are more prone to spoilage than other higher acidic foods.  However, I did change one thing, I added more dill than the recipe called for -I really like dill.  I made 12 quart jars of dill pickles this year.  I'm actually worried this might not be enough, I can literally eat a whole jar in one sitting -scary I know, I told you, I love pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment