Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hollenbeck's Cider Mill

I've decided to start posting about the delicious food Alex and I have come across during our time in Upstate New York. Partly, because I want to remember all of my favorite places so I can go again next year and partly, because I want to show my family how awesome it is up here in the hopes of convincing them to come and visit. For some reason, Upstate New York hasn't been as appealing as Southern California...go figure?  
Really though, the Fall here is beautiful and one of my favorite places to visit in the Fall is Hollenbeck's Cider Mill.  They have the most delicious apple cider, which they make on site with a cider press from 1873!  If you show up on Saturday morning you can watch them make the cider and they even let you try some before they pasteurize it -so, so, so good. They also have doughnuts on the weekends and all kinds of other tasty treats in their bakery.  And don't forget about the apples, lots and lots of yummy apples!