Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Parties Past

Last years Thanksgiving appetizers.  Every year we try to pick new and exotic cheeses (exotic to us, that is).  This year we tried a cheddar that has become one of my all time favorite cheeses, Barely Buzzed by Beehive Cheese Co.

Last year we brined the turkey and it was delicious, so moist and packed with flavor.  I looked online and combined a few of the recipes I found until the brine was just what I wanted.

Tea parties are always fun and you can save a lot of money by making your own flower arrangements.

You can also make table runners and simple bows to add extra color and charm.  Just run to the fabric store and pick out the colors you like, cut the fabric and you're good to go, no sewing necessary, just some wired ribbon for the bows.

How cute is the honey jar?

Oscar Party! Red and gold were the colors, of course.  To keep it simple I only made finger foods that could be served chilled or at room temperature, because who wants to be stuck in the kitchen for a party? 

In keeping with the colors: golden sparkling cider with a red strawberry.  I really loved the way the submerged rose flower arrangements turned out and I found this guide on how to make them very helpful.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment